Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mirrors

I woke up this morning and looked at the mirror. My reflection wasn’t there. Somehow, my vision went right through me, like that folk tale of vampires not having a reflection or something of the sort. But I didn’t have a reflection and that is precisely what I noted. No reflection, I could touch the mirror and still make pressure against it, make paths in the blurred surface of the glass steamed by the hot water

 

I dress up, and my disembodied clothes held there in the middle of the air, hanging from some divine force that kept them in my body. Though I was wearing them, still no reflection, I didn’t pay attention to it and I left for work.

People noticed me, the neighbor said hi on the elevator. So i definitely wasn’t dead, or a specter or a vampire. I went into the bus as always and still no reflection on the windows. It was becoming really strange.

I got to work and the glass door exploded the moment I touched it, tiny cuts were made on my skin, all over my face and all over my hands, i fell backwards and reflected on the other door next to the office where I work. And… The tiny cuts reflected on the mirror. My blood was becoming as solid as my clothes.

I just tried to stand up but a single slight contact on the rail behind me made it explode in a tiny million pieces. Apparently, the glass won’t rest easy until I was bleeding profusely.

I passed out.

I woke up in a wooden shack. I didn’t recognize it at first. I was lost. it was actually a very good looking shack. One of those huts one go to vacation.

A woman entered the room, she was holding a white towel and exclaimed “are you awake yet? I wanna go with the dolphins”. She was the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen in my entire life. Her hair was light brown and her hazel eyes had this characteristic of drowning with a thousand feelings.

She was my wife. Or is. she is still alive. I reached for a water glass just near my head, closed my eyes, and then grabbed it. Nothing happened.

It was a dream. Just a dream. Or was this the dream?

No comments: